Mr. Oluwatosin Ajibade, known in showbiz circles as Mr. Eazi, has instituted a scholarship opportunity to support needy students at the C. K. Tedam University of Technology & Applied Sciences (CKT-UTAS).
The award is expected to cover the full fees of 100 students each year. To do this, Mr. Eazi has made available Two Hundred Thousand Ghana Cedis (GHS200,000.00) as the initial seed money to kickstart the scheme in 2023. This philanthropic gesture comes in the wake of recent difficulties encountered by many students in paying their fees. The deal was brokered by the former Registrar of CKT-UTAS, Dr. V.A. Ankamah-Lomotey, who is also a close associate of Mr. Eazi.
Mr. Ajibade is the CEO and founder of the emPawa Africa group of companies that has a corporate presence in Nigeria, Ghana, Rwanda, Dubai, and London.
emPawa Africa has grown to become one of the biggest wholly African-owned entertainment companies on the continent, which leverages Mr. Ajibade’s vast experience and network to provide a gateway for upcoming and established acts across the world.
In addition, Mr. Ajibade performs under the name Mr. Eazi – a household name across Africa and growing in international prominence. He has performed numerous shows, including headlining the Ghana Music Festival and selling out shows around the world. He is also a recipient of several prestigious international awards.
Prior to launching a huge career in show business, Mr. Ajibade enrolled at Coventry University in the UK where he studied and obtained a Master of Science in Engineering Business Management (M.Sc. Engineering Business Management) in 2015, having obtained a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Kumasi, Ghana in 2011.
How to Access the Fund
This financial support aims to assist needy students in paying for their Academic Facility User Fees (AFUF) and Other Charges.
It is the hope of Mr. Eazi and the University that beneficiaries of the Fund will be able to complete their studies despite their economically challenged backgrounds. The Scholarship covers the entire AFUF. Besides, there are other charges which add up to the total school fees. The scholarship is enough to cover this as well.
Eligibility Criteria for the 2023/2024 Academic Year:
- The Scholarship is open to all students on the C. K. Tedam University of Technology and Applied Sciences campus, from level 100 to level 400.
- All applicants must have in their possession their admission letter and a valid student identification card.
- The applicant must not have any criminal record or have faced any disciplinary action.
- The applicant should not be on any other scholarship scheme that covers his/her AFUF.
- The applicant must demonstrate critical economic need.
- Priority shall be given to:
- Needy females
- Needy orphans
- Displaced persons (certified refugees, internally displaced persons, etc.)
- Persons with disabilities
- The applicant must be committed to supporting CKT-UTAS Students Financial Services in later years should they successfully get employed after school.
- Eligible candidates for the scholarship can apply by downloading the application forms from the student portal at https://mis.cktutas.edu.gh/
- The scholarship application form is free and has a “2023/2024” watermark feature.
- Qualified applicants should apply for the scholarship as soon as they can.
- Applicants who have already made at least 60% partial payment of their fees can apply for support to pay the remaining amount.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for dismissal from the university.